The Church of Prophecy Marker Association,
Bishop Grady R. Kent
In compliance with the request of the General Overseer of the Church of God of Prophecy, I, Grady R. Kent, do hereby tender my resignation this 2nd month, 13th day, of the year 1957, with the following reasons:
(1) The General Overseer requested me to make a decision against the printing of the revelation of the Scriptures which God has given me or be required to submit my resignation. It is not my desire to be separated from the office which I now hold; but I cannot be disobedient to the heavenly vision which I have used, since the beginning of my ministry, to develop and promote the many projects that are now being used by the Church of God of Prophecy.
(2) I have been asked to deprive myself of congregating with any of those who openly support this revelation.
(3) As a Bishop, I have been brought into question, condemned and publicly attacked by name without witnesses and without my case being reviewed in a Church hearing. This decision against me was made without one Scripture to condemn the revelation.
(4) I have been accused, falsely, of conducting special meetings with those who support this revelation. And this false accusation has not been corrected.
In this resignation, I want to make it clear that I believe in the true doctrine and faith of the Church of God and on the principles by which it was built, upon the Apostles and Prophets and Jesus Christ, the Chief Cornerstone. And after a full night of deep study, prayer, and consecration; and after a day in Fields of the Wood...The very vision revealed in the spirit and power of John the Revelator on which I am condemned...I have made my decision to sign my name to this resignation.
In conclusion, I pray that Almighty God will permit these words to stand as a witness and memorial at the Judgment against those who have wounded and condemned me, unless repentance to God is made.
* Article Written By: The Late Grady R. Kent, St. John II, Chief Bishop of The Church of God, 1957-1964. This sermon was taken from The Vision Speaks, Volume 1 : Number 7 : January 1958.
[i] All grammatical and typographical errors have been corrected except for direct quotations from the Author. Thought content of said article has not been changed.
EXPLANATION FOR REPRINT OF RESIGNATION
Since there seems to be some confusion concerning Bishop Kent's reasons for resigning as General Secretary of the Church of Prophecy Marker's Association, the Editors of The Vision Speaks decided to reprint the resignation in full. Bishop Kent, according to the words of the General Overseer, has always been faithful in his work; although, it met with the severest opposition among State Overseers and other high ranking officials of the Church. For fourteen years he labored in perfect submission to those over him in the Lord, patiently striving to pour out the revelation he had received from God. During this period, the vision became brighter and, he became more and more confident that God was using him in a special way. Then came that dark day when the General Assembly inspired by men of dark powers decided that if God got ready to announce the presence of the Two Witnesses or John the Revelator that He would first have to consult the General Assembly. This breach of covenant could not be tolerated. Now, at last, a direct move had been made against the Word of God rather than the person of Grady R. Kent. Now it was time to stand for God, even to the death. To posterity such men are heroes; but to contemporaries they are often heretics. We salute Bishop Kent for his faith, vision, strength, daring and courage, all of which he has by the grace of God.